The Ocean Inside

Somewhere there is a movie that is called something like that. It is a play on the Spanish expression "Deep at Sea". But it is the Sea inside. My mother speaks of this film. She almost cries when she does. She's has not recommended it to me, I think, because of my history. See "dress" or "a man called Trevor": see "bathroom" and "Lillian". See "broken", "bottles", "friendship". I have sent message to a young girl named Olympia (via her mother) about searching through the rubble of a shipwreck and what is found there. Perhaps Bhanu will be the recipient of the sea box. I'm making a sea-box with sand, salt, poetry and shells, glass, a fork. Is there anything I'm forgetting? Will you tell me? I think I found the perfect scarf to be the stand-in for water and I can replicate the smell of the sea by including some bones... from where? My own. I am a daughter of Yemaya.

No comments: